Guidelines for the Borrowing and Management of
Equipment for Student Club Activities, Tzu Chi University
of Science and Technology
Established in the Student Affairs Meeting, January 12, 2017
Article 1 The Guidelines for the Borrowing and Management of Equipment for
Student Club Activities, Tzu Chi University of Science and Technology
(hereinafter referred to as “the Guidelines”) are established for the purpose
of enacting effective regulations for the management of equipment by the
Tzu Chi University of Science and Technology (hereinafter referred to as “the University”).
Article 2 Administration unit: The Student Activity Division of the Office of Student Affairs
(hereinafter referred to as “the Division”).
Article 3 Equipment for Student Club Activities refers to equipment under the
management of the Division that is provided for use by student clubs.
The equipment name, specifications, and quantity are announced on the
Division webpage, and are divided into large and small equipment.
Article 4 Applicable subjects for borrowing equipment are limited to student clubs,
department student associations, and administration units approved and established by the University.
Priority is given to student clubs, and the equipment is not available for personal use.
Article 5 Use rules:
1. To safeguard equipment from damage, students shall confirm they are knowledgeable
about the equipment’s operating instructions before borrowing it.
2. Students shall abide by the equipment operation manual and ensure the integrity of the equipment.
3. Students shall restore the equipment in an orderly fashion or in exact borrowed quantities,
and return all equipment after use.
4. The borrowing unit is responsible for the safeguarding and maintenance of the equipment upon borrowing it
as well as for compensating damage to the equipment, or it may be required to replace the borrowed equipment
with an equivalent brand, model, and specification.
Article 6 Procedures for borrowing equipment by student clubs:
1. Application and registration:
1. Students shall complete the registration and reservation procedure with the Division
before 12 PM on Friday, 1 week before the activity.
2. Required documents: approved application form for organizing the activity,
the Division form for borrowing equipment,and IDs of the students borrowing the equipment.
2. Collection of equipment:
1. Large equipment: please make an appointment with the Division’s managerial personnel
for the equipment beforehand.
2. Small equipment: collect the equipment between 12:00 and 12:30 PM on the day it is required,
and verify it is properly functioning before borrowing.
3. Returning the equipment:
1. Students should return the equipment upon the conclusion of the activity and within the deadline.
They can collect their IDs once all borrowed items have been returned in good condition and accounted for.
2. Students must return equipment before the end of the borrowing period.
Students shall not return the equipment at times other than those specified
by the Division unless approved by the Division because of special circumstances.
Article 7 Students violating the present Guidelines for exceeding the registration, borrowing,
or collection period shall aim to not repeat the offence after receiving a verbal warning.
Upon a second violation, the student club shall be barred once from borrowing equipment from the Division,
and will be barred from borrowing equipment from the Division for the rest of the semester upon a third violation.
Article 8 The present regulations shall be implemented upon approval by an Office of Student Affairs Meeting and the approval
of and promulgation by the president; the same applies for amendments.